Have you ever heard of wood oven? Since Farjas ovens, We are going to explain the key aspects to use this type of oven and get the best out of it.
The wood oven It is a type of oven built with refractory materials so that it can withstand and resist high temperatures, accumulate heat and distribute it inside for a long time.
It is a way of cooking in which, unlike conventional ovens that work through electricity or gas, the fuel used is firewood that will burn inside.
When we go to cook some food in the wood oven, we must bear in mind that it needs prior preparation. But what does this preparation consist of? The first thing we have to do will heat the oven and for that we need place the firewood (the amount depends on the amount of food to be prepared).
We will put the firewood in the center of the pyramid-shaped oven and we will light it with paper, dry branches or ecological pills. Here the oven will begin to heat up and you will have to watch the fire so that the flame stays.
then from Farjas ovens we want to transfer some tips on the use of the oven and on the food that is going to be cooked inside:
- If we have run out of firewood and we want to continue cooking, we can place it on top of the grill, but always carefully so that it does not burn.
- The food placement Inside the oven will vary depending on the type of food that you want to cook. In this way, a fish will not be placed in the same way as a pizza.
Recommendations for food:
- if you are going to cook meat or fish, it is important that you use a tray of the material you want either iron or clay but that is resistant for a wood oven.
In this case it is recommended to use a tweezers to reach the tray and a rack can also be placed under it.
- If the food we are going to cook is a piece of bread, it will be placed in the surface from the oven. The tool to insert and remove the bread will be a special oven shovel.
- When it comes to foods with a lot of fat it is recommended to use a grill and under this put a tray to prevent the oven from staining with the fat of the food.
And finally, it is very important to know a little about the security measures to use with this type of ovens since otherwise you can suffer burns. In this way, we remind you that the doors of this are usually metallic and take very high temperatures so it should always touch with a cloth and keep children away.
You also have to be careful when you open it as it gets quite hot, so we must avoid leaning out to this. And, on the other hand, the container handling it should be done as follows: place them on the edge and push them with a tool into the oven.
The use of a wood oven for cooking food brings with it a series of advantages and benefits given its properties. Next, we are going to indicate some of them:
- Given the structure of the oven, it promotes a even cooking which makes food cook evenly, benefiting its texture and properties.
- When used as fuel the firewood, East gives food a different aroma and flavor to conventional ovens.
- you can choose the size of the structure since they can be customized and adapted to the space you have.
- Energy saving.
- They dirty less since the base of the oven is used for cooking.
These are just some of the advantages that you can obtain by including a wood-burning oven in your kitchen.
If you have any questions or want more information on wood ovens or on any other type, Do not hesitate to contact us. In Farjas ovens, we are specialists in ovens for bakeries and we will be happy to help you choose the best oven for your kitchen.